EXHIBITION BUILDINGS ARE OPEN:THURSDAY -SATURDAY 9AM to 10PM SUNDAY 9AM to 6PM will open at 7 AM daily and will be locked from midnight to 7 AM.
No children under 10 years of age should be left on the grounds without a parent or guardian.ADMISSION Adults: $8.00, under 12 years free** Thursday: Veterans $4.00 all day with Military ID**Friday: Senior Citizens $4.00 until 4 PM.Parking on Fairgrounds is $4.00
No Rain Checks Given No pets, service animals only, are allowed on the fairgrounds during the fair.
No motorcycles or ATVs are permitted on the fairgrounds. State of Maine laws pertaining to selling of liquor, beer and wine and pertaining to gambling and games of chance shall be strictly enforced.
No Soliciting will be allowed without specific permission of the Acton Fair Officers.
CUSHING AMUSEMENTS will have rides for all ages for the enjoyment of everyone. They will also have special pay one price times available for you.THURSDAY~wristbands will be sold from 4 pm to 9 pm.FRIDAY~ wristbands will be sold from 2pm to 6pm.SUNDAY~ wristbands will be sold from noon to4pm.Wristbands are $27.00
Admissions & Midway
Adults $8.00 Children under 12 years free
Thursday: Veterans $4 all day with Military ID
Friday: Senior Citizens $4.00 until 4 pm.
Parking on fairgrounds $4.00
No Refunds or Rain checks given.
Cushing Amusements will have rides for all ages for the enjoyment of everyone. Visit their website for more information.
Thursday: wristbands will be sold from 4pm to 9pm. Midway opens at 4pm.
Friday: wristbands will be sold from 2pm to 6pm. Midway opens at 2pm.
Saturday: No wristbands. Midway opens at 12pm.
Sunday: wristbands will be sold from 12 noon to 4pm. Midway opens at 12pm.
Wristbands are $27.00
Trailer and Camper Rules and Fees Camper Registration Form
- Campers should not be on the grounds before Wednesday prior to the fair opening .
- No Jacuzzi Tubs are allowed.
- All overnight camping must be in the designated area unless otherwise instructed by Fair Officials.
- All campers and trailers will enter through Gate #4.
- Water and Electricity will be furnished except in Emergency situations.
- Fees are $15.00 per day for all Trailers and Campers (includes water and electricity).
- $15.00 extra if air conditioning and/or heat are desired.
- Camping without electricity or water $25.00.
- These fees do not include passes.
- Parking attendants will show you where to park your trailers and campers.
- Campers must be self contained or they will not be allowed to camp on the grounds.
- Unpaid camper fees for exhibitors will be deducted from premiums.
- Dumping tank available.
*** Beef and Dairy exhibitors will be assigned camper space, by the cattle superintendents ***
No Pets allowed on the fairgrounds, service animals only.
For information contact: Tony Bragg 207-457-1230 or June Burke 207-457-1185
Trailer and Camper Fees:
Fees are $15.00 per day for all Trailers and Campers.
$15.00 additional for air conditioning and heat
$25.00 for camping without electricity or water
(These fees do not include passes)
GPS location for Acton Fair: 550 Rte. 109, Acton ME
Acton Fairgrounds is located on Rt. 109 in Acton, Maine, at the foot of Milton Mills Road and directly across the street from Iron Tales Saloon.
Click here to find turn-by-turn directions at Google Maps.
Camper Registration 2019
Livestock Entry Form 2019
(Exhibition Buildings are open Thursday-Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M., Sunday from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.)
- All Beef and Dairy Herds, Sheep and all 4-H Livestock, including 4-H Llamas and Goats must be on the grounds by 8:30 A.M. Thursday and remain until 6:00 PM Sunday.
- Open Beef and Dairy, Sheep and Goat Shows open & 4-H will be open to all Maine and New Hampshire Counties.
- Entries of Handicraft, Art, Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables and Farm Displays will be received on Tuesday from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., and on Wednesday from 9:00 A.M. to Noon.
- The 4-H Hall Exhibits must be in the building by 7:00 P.M. Tuesday.
- Grange Agricultural and Domestic Exhibits must be in place by 8:00 P.M. Tuesday. Judging will begin at 9:00 A.M. on Wednesday.
- ALL livestock entries, including pulling and show animals, should be sent to the superintendent of the department you are entering by August 1, with your certificate of $1,000,000.00 liability insurance.
- ALL 4-H Livestock entries should be sent to the extensions office at 15 Oak St, Suite 302, Springvale, Maine 04083, by August 1, And to the superintendent of the show you are entering in by August 1, with your certificate of $1,000,000.00 liability insurance or copy of the M A L E enrollment card.
- Late entries will be received only by permission of the person in charge, but no entries can be received after the judging of that class starts.
- All Exhibits must be in place and in full display until 6:00 P.M., Sunday, unless special permission of the Superintendent of that Department is granted.
- Handicrafts will not be available for pickup until 7:00PM Sunday.
- The Association will not be responsible for any exhibits not claimed by 8:00 P.M., Sunday.
- The Association will not be responsible for any typographical or printing errors.
- No Pets, Service Animals Only Allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- If entries are received in excess of the accommodations available, the management reserves the right to reject entries at its discretion.
- All exhibits must be entered in the name of the owner
- Exhibits will be accepted from residents of York County only, except otherwise provided in Premium Book.
- Horses exhibited and each herd of cattle exhibited must be represented in the parade on track unless special permission is granted, otherwise, the premiums will be withheld.
- Dairy products, fruits, vegetables and domestic articles must have been made or raised by the exhibitors thereof.
- Exhibitors will have the right to sell their exhibits, but same must not be removed during the Fair. Violation of this rule will be sufficient grounds for withholding all premiums awarded.
- No premiums will be awarded unless the article is meritorious.
- Objective exhibits of any kind will not be allowed on the grounds.
- Although the Society takes special precautions for the safety of all exhibits after they are placed on exhibition, it will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur either to or by them.
- The law against liquor selling and gambling will be strictly enforced.
- The management does not anticipate that it will necessary to prorate or defer the premiums, but if on account of weather, failure to receive State Aid, or other causes beyond its control there not being sufficient available funds, the association reserves the right to do so.
- All Exhibits should be in place and in full display until 6:00PM. Sunday. All Exhibits should be removed before 8:00PM Sunday.
- The association will not be responsible for any typographical errors. Premium lists and other information can be obtained through the Secretary: Melissa R. Conner 202 Nason Road Shapleigh, Maine 04076 (207)205-3446
For Vendor space and Grounds Rental information Contact:
Sarah Roberts, 108 Elm St., Springvale, ME 04083
May: 5/18 Tractor Club
June: 6/1-6/2 Tractor Club;6/21–6/23 Masons; 6/29 Mousam Lake Assn.
July: 7/6 Tractor Club rain date; 7/7 -7/20 Habitat for Humanity; 7/26-7/28 Medieval Fair.
August: 8/4 VW Car Show; 8/11-8/12 Circus; August 22-25, 2019 ~ Acton Fair
September: 9/14 Tractor Club; 9/21–9/22 Masons Family Day
October: 10/19-10/20 Tractor Club
Please check individual web sites for more information regarding these events.
168th Annual Acton Fair Horse Show
Sunday August 25, 2019
Acton Fairgrounds, 550 Rt 109, Acton, ME
York County Agricultural Association
Affiliated with MeHJA and Class D MHA
King Arthur Flour Baking Contest 2019